Monthly E-Newsletter Oct 2007
Sterility in female and male.
Dr. Sayeed Ahmad D. I. Hom. (London)
A-169, Mehdauri Colony.
Several lacs of females and males are suffering from STERILITY in India and all over the world. There is a general understanding that perhaps homœopathy has nothing to offer on this subject. As a fact of the matter, homœopathy can greatly assist to those couples who are not blessed with a child in spite of their ardent desire and efforts due to sterility either on the part of the female or the male. Homœopathy can change their life to happiness by begetting children in their homes as well as fertile and healthy life. However, on the other hand, treating sterility homœopathically is the most safest and effective in the hands of qualified classical homœopathic practitioners
STERILITY means difficult or no conception and in other word it is inability on the part of the female or the male partner to produce any offspring.
Formerly and even now the ignorant society or the relations attributed the non-birth of children to the sterility in the female and ignored the husband altogether. It should be noted that in man sterility and impotence are two different terms. Impotence means inability to sexually gratify a woman and sterility means inability to impregnate her. An impotent can be sterile. For conception, only the discharge of semen with living sperms is required. It does not matter whether the erection is strong or the retentive power is long or the female is duly satisfied. The sterility on the part of the male is the absence of living sperms in the semen. Either they are not present at all or are dead. In such a case a man cannot produce however virile he may be. Gonorrhœa and Syphilis are the common and unquestionable causes of depriving the semen of spermatozoa.
Thus the first step to be taken is to get the semen tested before the cause is assigned to the sterility of the wife. If the semen is found lacking in sperms, a well qualified homœopathic practitioner can assist in producing them in plenty. However, if the semen is found quite normal then the cause should be treated out in the female.
CAUSES OF STERILITY IN FEMALES :
• Sometimes the cause is the presence of acidic secretions specially lactic acid in the vagina and soon as the semen is discharged all the sperms are killed as they cannot live in acid. But the acidity is only detrimental to pregnancy when the male organ is too small to ejaculate the semen direct into the uterus.
• In individual females the depth of the vaginal cavity varies. In every female the depth is equal to the length of her finger. Thus, female possessing a long middle finger requires a long organ and vice versa. A male organ a little (1 or 2 inches) longer than her middle finger is quite sufficient for her individual purpose.
• Having intercourse when both the partners are not willing.
• The correct posture of intercourse is also imperative. Thus, female should lie flat on the back with the man upon her with his face downwards. Her legs should be intercross each other over the man. This posture brings the uterus a little forward and it increases the possibility of impregnation.
• Intercourse should take place 3 hours after meals. Intercourse should not be taken place just after meals or taking plenty of water.
• It is also injurious when one (female or male) is extremely hungry or thirsty.
• Sexual meeting should never be arranged during menses.
• Place of sexual meeting should be free from interruption and it should be peaceful and comfortable. One should not have any fear of some ones intrusion or arrival during the act of intercourse.
• Diet which is sour or rich in acids should be given up.
• Leucorrhœa, painful and scanty menses, amenorrhœa, excessive menstrual flow are also responsible for sterility.
• Sometimes sterility is due to failure of the ovaries to yield the ova. Conception is only possible when sperm comes in contact with the ovum of the same side.
• Female’s right and left ovaries produce one ovum every month. One month there is the right ovum and the other month the left. The left sperm and right ovum, and the right sperm and the left ovum cannot unite. Thus pregnancy does not take place.
• It should be found out if she is FRIGID or if there is any abnormality in menses. It is also imperative to find her sexual feelings.
• When there is a fault in ovaries, menses are scanty and there is pain in the breast.
• New growths – fibroids and cancer, etc.
• Sterility is also caused if there is any tumour in uterus or ovary.
• Discharge of mucus from vagina after an embrace in female and sterility as a result thereof.
• Prolapsus of uterus. Uterine displacement.
• Hypertrophy of the cervix.
• Too frequent intercourse.
• Irregularity of menses.
• Inflammation of vagina due to leucorrhœa.
• Dwindling of breast and ovaries.
• Excessive and premature menses.
• Hard work (less of sexual passion).
• Sterility in female with excessive sexual desire.
• Mental worries, grief and hiding of her sorrows.
• Constitutional cause.
• Sometimes sterility is due to the weakness of the uterus which is incapable of holding the fœtus. This weakness of the uterus is also the common cause of abortion.
• For having children, remember to have intercourse on the last day of the menstrual period or on the third, fifth or seventh day after the period has ceased.
• Chronic diseases.
• Other causes of sterility may be diabetes, ulceration of the os uteri, fibroid tumours and enlargement of the uterus.
• Debilitating diseases like anæmia, tuberculosis, causing amenorrhœa and scanty menses.
• Endocrinal deficiencies. Obesity due to defective thyroid secretion.
• Incompatibility between husband and wife.
• Absence of any essential part of the genitalia i. e. removal of uterus, tubes or ovaries.
• Atresia of cervix and rudimentary uterus.
• Imperforate hymen.
• Malformation or destruction of tubes – due to inflammatory condition like gonorrheal salpingits, appendicitis, etc. (If the lining membrane of the tube is affected, the sterility would be absolute).
• Partial stenosis of the tubes. It is associated with imperfectly developed uterus (almost an incurable condition).
RUBIN’S TEST is performed to see whether the tube is potent or not, blocked or permeable. Another way of test of the potency and permeability of the tubes is by introduction of a dye (lipoidol), injected into the uterus ; a subsequent X-ray will show not only that the tubes are blocked or not, but also the sites where they are blocked.
• Inflammatory conditions : such as endometritis, endocervicitis.
• Cystic ovaries or destroyed as well, due to tumours, etc.
• Trauma to the parts.
CAUSES OF STERILITY IN MALE :
• Impotency of long standing.
• Short and curved penis.
• Undescended or atrophied testes.
• Defective seminal discharges : no sperms or undeveloped sperms or a few sperm non-motile sperms ; this may be due to some previous or present disease of the testes, like mumps, tuberculosis, gonorrhœa, syphilis, etc.
• Sexual neurasthenia.
• It should be found out if he is having habits of masturbation or suffering from night-falls, spermatorrhœa, impotence or any venereal diseases.
• Loss of sexual powers with lascivious fancies.
• Semen thin and odourless.
• On attempting coition, penis relaxes.
• Involuntary emissions, discharge too quick, spasms during coition, effects of masturbation, disposition to handle organs.
Sterility, with suppressed menses, and want of sexual desire. Swelling and inflammation of the uterus. Transparent leucorrhœa. Leucorrhœa spotting linen yellow.
When sterility is due to weakness of the uterus. This remedy tones up the uterus. Amenorrhœa or delayed menses from atony ; weariness of mind and body. Leucorrhœa white stringy with debility. Weak emaciated people.
Sterility due to depression and tendency to suicide. Menses too late ; and scanty or absent. Leucorrhœa profuse and corroding, yellow, thick white, not offensive, aggravation by walking.
Aurum Mur. Nat.
Specific for sterility. It may be given in 3x trituration. It cures ulceration, induration, chronic metritis, ulcers of the os, swelling of the ovary. Also covers prolapsus of the uterus.
Sterility due to dwindling of ovaries and mammary glands, yet the lymphatics become enlarged and infiltrated. Catamenia too feeble, and of too short duration.
Sterility. Catamenia too early. Leucorrhœa. Indurations, tumour or atrophy of ovaries. Nymphomania.
Sterility. Leucorrhœa corrosive and thick like starch. Catamenia premature and too copious, of a pale red colour. Dread of downward motion and labour.
Sterility with catamenia too early, and too profuse. Calcarea Carb. has cold, clammy feet, as if there were damp stockings on. Obesity.
Sterility after leucorrhœa in a woman married ten years ago was cured with this remedy.
Sterility with suppressed menstruation. Unsatisfied sexual desire and sufferings therefrom. Obstinate constipation of long standing. Faintness after stool.
Sterility from ovarian atony.
Sterility. Pale face with blue rings around eyes. Worm symptoms especially with constipation.
Sterility from uterine torpor.
Sterility with loss of sexual desire. Profound mental gloom. Leucorrhœa with atony and anæmia. Women with prolapsus from atony. Menses too frequent and profuse in women who are feeble from loss of blood. Flow passive : dark, coagulated, offensive. Always better when doing something, when the mind is engaged. Fault finding and cannot endure the least contradiction.
Atrophy of ovaries and breasts, with sterility. Catamenia at one time too late, at another too early. Menses premature, violent and copious. Eats ravenously yet emaciates. Lachrymose disposition and mental dejection. Effects of amorousness ; of disappointed love.
Sterility from excessive sexual indulgence and atrophy of ovaries.
Sterility with too profuse menstruation, or tendency to miscarry. Hæmorrhage from uterus from too violent exertions. Suppressed menstruation with epileptic attacks.
Discharge of mucus from vagina after an embrace or coition in the women and sterility as a result thereof. Joyous talkativeness.
Sterility. With too early and too profuse menstruation. Coition painful from dryness of vagina. Leucorrhœa with headache. Abundant discharge of transparent, whitish and thick mucus from vagina. Obliged to weep. Hypochondriacal, tired of life. Joyless, taciturn. Anxiety respecting the future.
It regulates action of ‘corpus luteum’ in sterile women and favours conception in many cases. Uterus, breasts and other sexual organs are not fully developed.
Sterility on account of excessive voluptuousness, or if menstruation comes on too late and is too profuse.
Sterility in women with excessive sexual desire. It has cured sterility of 12 years standing. Catamenia too early and too profuse (blood dark and coagulated). Leucorrhœa, like white of egg flowing chiefly after urinating and on rising from a seat.
It is the head remedy for sterility. There is irregularity of menses with leucorrhœa and constipation. Menses are too late and scanty or early and profuse, with sharp cutting pains. Leucorrhœa is yellow, greenish with much itching. Prolapse of the uterus and vagina. Vagina painful during coition. Lack of affection for those whom she loved before is a marked mental symptom. Sadness and dejection with tears.
Sterility, with catamenia premature and too profuse. Acrid and burning, or milk-like leucorrhœa. Prolapse of vagina. The patient is weak and exhausted.
Sterility with leucorrhœa. Anæmia may also be present. Hair on the face and legs of women with offensive perspiration about the genitals.
The uterus is very small in size. Excessive obesity. Uterine fibroid. Fatigued easily, with weak pulse, tendency to fainting, palpitation, cold hands and feet, low blood pressure, chilliness and sensitive to cold.
Absence of spermatozoa with suppression or diminution of sexual desire.
Absence of spermatozoa accompanied with impotency ; insufficient erections. Want of energy in coition. Emissions provoked by presence of women.
Damiana (Turnera Aph.)
Absence of spermatozoa in impotency due to sexual neurasthenia. Chronic prostatic discharge.
Indicated in persons who have violent or constant erections with increased sexual desire ; testicles become small and painful.
When azoospermism is accompanied with great sexual desire and/or swelling of testicles.
Any information given in this article is not intended to be taken as a replacement for medical advice. Any person with a condition requiring medical attention should consult a qualified classical homœopath. If you wish, you may please contact the Author by e-mail for further information and treatment.
Copyright © Dr. Sayeed Ahmad 2004