Masturbation is the process of bringing about a voluntary excitement of the sexual centers following generally by the discharge of semen, through some method other than normal sexual intercourse. In other words, "Masturbation" means ejaculation of semen by hand. There are various devices resorted to for the purpose, but because of the hand to practise it, it is widely known as "Hand Practice". This habit is also known as "Self-Abuse", since it is done by one�s own self by his own hand.
There are exceptions, when masturbation is also done by some one else i. e., one engages one�s own wife for this act and rather prefers it even to normal coitus. This sort of device is found among those who are accustomed to hard friction and this habit is formed since childhood and therefore they cannot derive much thrill and pleasure from normal coitus. The other common device is to lie down on the abdomen and rubbing the penis against the pillow or the bed as if performing the sexual intercourse and to discharge semen with thrill and pleasure.
There is haradly any young man who does not masturbate at one time or the other. The self-abuse is the prime cause of various sexual disorders and it is one of the earliest abuses when a boy engages himself in this evil act. Masturbation has serious consequences since it drains the young men of his vital forces and in many case it causes impotency, if it is over-indulged. Therefore, parents are advised to keep a watch on their children against all possible factors which can tempt their children to masturbate.
Following are some of the causes which incites young men to undertake this evil practice :
- The main cause is bad company, where children hear and discuss sexual topics and in the bad society they themselves engaged in masturbation collectively without any shame. This is the very first and wrong step which leads to many bad practices to play with the immature sexual organs at the very tender age. Since this evil act gives intense pleasure, they keep on doing quite regularly without knowing the adverse effects of the masturbation in the future to come. If this practice is over done, it ruins the matrimonial lives due to impotency.
- Secondly, house servants also incite young boys to this vice by playing with their sexual organs. Thus, parents should keep an open eyes and they should not allow their children for longer hours to be with their domestic servantsin seclusion. Furthermore, sending their boys to distant schools along with their young children, without any supervision, may also lead to similar consequences since servants can caress the children if they find lonely road or place. Further, young children should also not be carried on cycles in front of the servants or in a car beside the driver.
- Not only domestic servants, but even young friends or relatives should be relied upon. Therefore, children should not be allowed to sleep on a common bed along with the relatives or friends as some of them may pollute the children or young boys.
- It has also been found that in many instances, the young ones are taught the first sexual lesson by the maid-servants. Thus, boys should not be allowed to be with maid-servants in seclusion or to lie in the same bed.
- The parents, in the best interest of the boy�s future, they should also take guard to avoid his boy to lying in the same bed with other young ladies who are separated from their husbands since it has also been noticed on several occasions that such ladies due to their ungratified sexual desire, they lure the boy to spoil him.
- Furthermore, sleeping more than one children in the same bed should also be avoided, since they may handle one another�s male organ. Once they are habitual of this, they would like to masturbate in seclusion places like bathroom, latrine or in lonely places.
- The parents should also take care not to indulge themselves in interecourse where the children are present since it is one of the prime cause of this evil as the children imitate their parents out of their curiosity.
- Another cause which invites boy to masturbate is the uncleanliness of the genital organ, since collection of smegma in the pit of glans leads to sexual excitement in several cases. Therefore, daily cleanliness of the genital is needed.
- The other cause of masturbation is rectal worms. The worms cause irritation to the anus and consequently it gives rise to erection of penis. In such circumstances, boy handles his penis which gives intense pleasure to masturbate and later it forms the habit of masturbation.
- Over and above, following are also the causes to excite sexual organs to masturbate :
- Chronic Constipation.
- Excessive use of sour foods.
- Excessive use of stimulating diets such as meat, eggs, tea, etc.
- Seeing of sexual and love scenes in T. V., cinemas.
- Reading of amorous literature, novels, etc.
- Talking of sexual problems with young ladies in seclusion.
There is no definite age is fixed to commence this abuse since long before the attainment of puberty, boys have been found involved in this practice.
Once the habit of masturbation becomes the part and parcel of life, among young unmarried boy it may also resort to prostitution, which invites horrible venereal diseases.
Some of the after-effects of masturbation are :
- The nervous system is affected the most.
- Besides the heart, the digestive system, the urinary system as well as the other systems are adversely affected and consequently the whole body becomes the museum of diseases with profound weakness.
- The eyes become sunken, the cheek bones protrude and there is a black rim round the eyes.
- Continuous headache and backache.
- Dizziness and loss of memory.
- Palpitation of heart on lightest exertion.
- Unable to perform any heavy physical or mental work.
- The person dislikes any company and activities and rather likes to sit in seclusion and suffers from weakness.
- All the senses are impaired.
- Vision becomes dim, the tongue begins to stammer and ears tend to become deaf etc.
- Lastly T. B. or insanity or some other serious disease catch hold of the victim to lead his life to a close.
Therefore, young men are advised to consult a qualified and honest homoeopathic practitioner for his expert advice and effective treatment instead of wasting his money with quacks. Further, those young men who are or have been engaged in the regular habits of masturbation should not ignore the necessity to consult the qualified homoeopaths to avoid sexual embarrassment at the time of marriage.
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT :
* Sexual appetite increased by every attempt to satisfy it until it drives him to masturbation and madness. ----- Anan.
* A remedy for taking away the habit of masturbation and removing its bad effects. Penis glans get flabby. Penis relaxed. ----- Calad.
* Weakness of the organ after masturbation and excesses. Even his young and beautiful wife excites no erections. ----- Agn-c.
* Desire for solitude in order to practice masturbation. ----- Bufo.
* Excitement of sexual desire for masturbation, with lascivious ideas, day and night. ----- Chin.
* Increase of sexual desire, lascivious ; exposes his person, with desire for masturbation. ----- Hyos.
* Masturbation and its consequences. ----- Nux-v.
* Great sexual excitement driving him to masturbation. ----- Orig.
* Unnatural increase of sexual desire for masturbation, with mental depression. Masturbation before the age of puberty and its effect. ----- Plat.
* A very marked increase of sexual desire, with frequent erections, especially at night, with desire for masturbation. Habit of masturbation in children and for bad effects thereof. ----- Staph.
* Irresistible inclination to masturbation even during sleep. ----- Thuj.
* Weakness due to masturbation. ----- Chin., Ph-ac.
* Bad effect of masturbation. ----- Staph.
* Constipation due to masturbation. ----- Lyc., Nux-v.
* Dullness of mind due to masturbation. ----- Staph.
* Irresistible tendency to masturbation. ----- Ust.
* Weakness of legs and impaired memory due to masturbation. ----- Dig.
* Weakness of eye sight due to masturbation. ----- Cina.
* Melancholy due to masturbation. ----- Aur.
- Any information given in this Article is not intended to be taken as a replacement for medical advice. Any person with condition requiring medical attention should consult a well qualified classical homoeopath. In case of treatment, you may please contact the Author of this Article by e-mail for further details.
- For detailed information on this subject, please study the Author�s book"Homoeopathic Management of Male Sexual Disorders", published by B. Jain Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi (India).
Copyright � Dr. Sayeed Ahmad 2004